The Now page is a more dynamic about page, read about the /now page movement.
Last updated: Sept 2017
Here’s what I’m up to:
- Living in Bay Area, with wife and two daughters (6, 5)
- Working at Automattic mostly on new core editor for WordPress, and machine learning
- Working on Twelves photo project
- Taking part in #photomattchallenge, posting at least once every two weeks. I’m aiming for once a week, see other participants
- Goal to read 25 books this year, see My Goodreads for latest, currently 4 books behind/
- Continue running more, goal is to run a sub 2-hour half-marathon at Oktoberun on Oct 28, 2017
- Studying Spanish using Duolingo, supposedly 20% fluent.
- Podcasts – I listen to podcasts when running & driving around, my current list
- Up First – daily news summary (NPR)
- Freakonomics – Stephen Dubner looks at hidden side of everything
- Planet Money – the economy explained with stories and surprises (NPR)
- 99% Invisible – all the thought that goes into things we don’t think about
- Hidden Brain – helps curious people understand the world, and themselves
- Twenty Thousand Hertz – stories behind recognizable and interesting sounds
- Revisionist History – Malcolm Gladwell reinterprets something from the past
- Latino USA – focused on Latino news and culture (NPR)
- Rough Translation – global stories that reflect familiar conversations (NPR)
- LensWork – Brooks Jensen longest-running podcast on photography
- On Taking Pictures – Jeffrey Saddoris and Bill Wadman talk about photography
- Bill Simmons Podcast – Sports and Pop Culture
- Ringer NFL & NBA Podcasts – Sports, though NFL is fading
Hardware and software I use:
- Computer: My desktop is a Windows 10 tower, the new Linux on Windows subsystem makes it quite usable. My laptop is a Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition running Ubuntu GNOME, see my review.
Productivity: I primarily use Microsoft’s OneNote for writing, long term notes, see my article why it kicks ass. I use good old pen & paper for daily lists.
Phone: LG G6, a great flagship Android phone and cheaper than Samsungs
Film Camera: Nikon FM2 but shooting less film after finishing 52 rolls project